This weekend I was lucky enough to get the chance to attend the Purdue Astronaut Reunion Forum, which for those who weren't in attendance, was a huge Q&A event with 7 of Purdue's 23 astronauts hosted by Purdue President Mitch Daniels. I also got to attend a smaller Q&A session with Gene Cernan (the last man on the moon, Apollo 17) alone with the ECE department (as Gene attended Purdue for a BSEE back in the day).
By the end of the forum, it was our running gag that everything that Gene Cernan said boiled down to "America, F*CK YEAH," which, well, was pretty true. It was a great time, and as a result of some of the jokes that resulted from Gene's apparent patriotism, I give you "How American Are You, A Sliding Scale." You can fill in the pieces where other big names/events/things would fit. It's not exhaustive by any means, but I got a kick out of it, so knock yourself out.

No comments:
Post a Comment